If you are interested in volunteering please check out the latest availability below.
We will have 'one off' volunteering opportunities in the Autumn and Winter to support Store collection drives and Harvest / Christmas stock processing.
Volunteers are the driving force behind foodbanks. There are thousands of volunteers across the UK, helping The Trussell Trust Foodbank Network get emergency food to people in crisis. We want you to enjoy volunteering and there are lots of ways to get involved. Whatever role you choose, you will make a real difference to the life of someone in crisis.
FOODBANK VAN DRIVER
You’ll play an important role in promptly transporting food from collection points to the warehouse for sorting, and finally onto the local food bank, which will help to make a real difference in your community. A confident and safe driver, you’ll enjoy being part of a team and be physically strong so that you can lift and load crates of food. Your flexible and committed approach will help to maximise donations and improve the efficiency of the food bank. We are looking for a few drivers, to generally cover Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
Helping at a foodbank centre
Meet people who need our support and give out food parcels. Have an informal chat over a cup of tea, to discuss their situation and signpost to further support.
06/07/2023 More info here: St Pauls Foodbank Centre
06/07/2023 More info here: Bemerton Heath
We hold special days of food collections where we ask shoppers to add an extra food item to their trolley for our Food bank.
More info Below: Dates will be issued shortly for Winter food collections.
Duke of Edinburgh
Unfortunately, Due to age restrictions and safeguarding we are unable to accept DofE on site at this time. DofE students are able to help our food bank in other unique ways to work towards their awards while helping to support our charity..
- Arrange a street / Group or Community collection using the list of our most needed items. listed here
- Create posters and letter box drop it or via social media – to drive awareness of our most needed food items.
- Arrange a food collection point in your community or village shop.
- Collect the donated food on a regular basis (fortnightly or monthly) and deliver into our foodbank warehouse. ( Unit 6b Ashfield Trading estate, SP2 7HL)
- At the start or end of your DofE we are happy to give you a tour of our warehouse and talk to you about why Foodbank is such a valuable community resource.